60th ANNIVERSARY SPOTLIGHT
60TH ANNIVERSARY ACTIVITIES
Music Sunday - September 8, 2019 (8:30 AM)
60th Anniversary Dinner and Awards - Friday, September 13, 2019 (6:00PM)
60th Anniversary Church Service - September 15, 2019 (8:30 AM)
Gospel Concert - Sunday, September 15, 2019 at (5:00PM)
60th Anniversary Gospel Concert Armbands on sale and
details of our T- Shirts to Follow!
60th ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL OFFERING
We encourage everyone to give their Special Anniversary offering.
60 x $1 = $60; 60 x $5 = $120; 60 x $10 = $600; 60 x $20 = $1,200;
60 x $50 = $3,000; 60 x $100 = $6,000; 60 x $500= $30,000;
60 x $1000 = $60,000; 60 x $5,000 = $300,000.
60th Anniversary Choir resumes Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 6 P.M.
Souvenirs are now on sale – Commemorative Plates, Umbrellas,
Supermarket Bags and Tote Bags – make your purchases TODAY!
_ . _ . _ . _
PRAYER AND FASTING
Theme: “Who are we in Christ?”
This will be discussed at our monthly
Prayer and Fasting on Saturday, August 24, 2019.
NOMINATION OF ELDERS
Nomination forms are now available. If you would like to nominate a member, please collect a form, complete – Nominee should sign the form – and return by September 1, 2019.
MUC COMMUNITY WALK NEXT SUNDAY, AUGUST 25, 2019 AT 4PM.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! LET’S WIN SOULS FOR CHRIST!
The VBS Planning Committee would like to
wholeheartedly THANK the Meadowbrook United Church Family,
volunteers, persons who donated in cash and kind and
for the prayers which all contributed to the success of VBS 2019.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIVITIES ARE ON A BREAK FOR THE MONTH OF AUGUST:
COFFEE FELLOWSHIP, CHURCH SCHOOL, BIBLE STUDIES, ALL CHOIRS,
DANCE MINISTRY AND YOUTH FELLOWSHIP.
1. ISS Coin Drive – Please drop your coins in the JAR provided at the
entrance of the Church. Proceeds will go towards St. Paul’s United
Church (Maverley) Children’s Ministry.
2. Members are reminded that gifts are needed for the Care Basket.
Please bring your Love Gifts every Sunday for the less fortunate.
3. Registration is ongoing for the Meadowbrook Preparatory (ages 3
to 12 years) and Pre-School (catering for children 6 months to 3
years). Call 969-9433.
4. Persons wishing to make their offering or contribute to MUC may
deposit funds on-line to the Church’s account – Bank: Bank of Nova
Scotia; Branch: Half Way Tree; Branch Code: 60145; Account
number: 432814; Type of account: Chequing.
5. ATTENTION MEN OF MEADOWBROOK UNITED CHURCH.
Here is an opportunity for you to participate in our renewed effort to
Grow a Healthy Church. The Men's Fellowship is in need of your skills and
participation to plan new programs, refocus objectives and revive its
activities. A special invitation is therefore extended for your participation during the new Fellowship Year which begins in October. Kindly notify
Rev. Davidson or Pastor Reid at the Church Office by August 31, 2019
if you are interested in serving as an executive member.
6. Citizen’s College affiliated with the Adult Education Services Division Heart Trust NTA. It is sponsored by the Meadowbrook United Church and will be registering students 17 years and over for the following courses: Language Arts, Mathematics, Information Technology, Life Skills and Reading. Registration Dates: August 29, 2019 & September 5, 2019 at 10AM – 12:30PM. Registration Cost: $ 100. Classes are held at the Meadowbrook High School on Mondays to Thursdays at 5:30PM – 7:30PM. “Reaching Goals One Step At A Time”
Please follow us on:
Facebook: Meadowbrook United Church